CABS Home Care applicants t should meet certain HHA requirements in NY:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Should be mature, emotionally and mentally stable
- Be able to read and write; understand and carry out directions and instructions and keep simple records
- A minimum of an eighth-grade reading level is recommended.
- Be in good physical health; not dependent or addicted to depressants, stimulants, narcotics, alcohol or other substances
- If you want to differentiate yourself from others in New York then you can acquire additional skills such as a CPR certificate, human anatomy lessons or hospice training/experience.